Saturday, March 14, 2009

SXSW: Austin's Tech Fest

This week, I decided to blog about Austin's Tech Fest. Jenna Wortham of The New York Times, wrote, "What I'm Looking For at Austin's Tech Fest." But when I hear, South by Southwest, (SXSW) it used to be that only music and art came to mind. But with the hands on experience that I have witnessed in going into the blogoshpere, I have come to realize that technology can be a form of art, (blogging, in my experience) so it is only appropriate for SXSW to be house a "spring break for bloggers."

So, what should these spring breakers look forward to in this year's SXSW? While it might be difficult to top the introduction of Twitter, this year organizers have established a tool called MySXSW. Wortham writes:

This year, SXSW rolled out its own version of a custom networking and
schedule-building tool called MySXSW. It lets attendees keep track of the weeks
presentations and happy hours...
This is one, of many new innovations that will be introduced at this years SXSW.

Ever since this class started, it seems as if though anything that is affiliated with the web, and blogging, is inescapable. But at the same time, I feel that I have reached the inevitable. It won't be long now until everyone begins a blog of their own, similar to holding an account at social networking sites.
So, to all Spring Break Bloggers, have a safe and enjoyable week!

3 comments:

rcampsey said...

I'm working at SXSW. They say that the number of registrants is larger than it has ever been before! It is no secret, Web 2.0 is booming!

Anonymous said...

I went to the trade show and the Screenburn today and it's amazing to see not only the advance in Web 2.0, but the technological boom in general. I saw what looked like sunglasses, but they have a video-card installed in them that turns any video game into a three-dimensional interactive wild ride! I hope to check out more social media aspects tomorrow.

Joe said...

I think that MySXSW is awesome. Whoever came up with that ideas surely was favored by the new social medias tools of Web 2.0; i do agree with what you end your blog with, social media is envitable and its all over the place. Before you know it we all will soon have our own usual blogs of our own.